PHANTOM® Communication Converter (PCC)
Note We are in the process of phasing out PCC. Effective on June 1, 2013, PCC won't be available for purchase. An Axxon parallel adapter card would be an alternative solution for workstations. We also offer Phantom Desktop trade in program. Please contact your local reseller or email@example.com for more information.
The PHANTOM Communication Converter (PCC) is a custom designed converter that provides FireWire® compatibility to Sensable PHANTOM parallel port devices. This converter includes active componentry that converts signals intended for parallel ports (EPP, IEEE-1284) to be sent and received to and from FireWire ports (IEEE-1394a) on a host computer.
Single PHANTOM connected with PCC
Two PHANTOMS utilizing one or two PCCs
Desktop (PCC) and Omni
All Premium 3DOF Devices
Desktop (PCC) and Premium 3DOF (PCC)
All Premium 6DOF Devices
Omni and Premium 3DOF (PCC)
Contact Customer Support if your configuration is not listed above.
- For Dual 1394 configurations, two separate FireWire controllers must be used. Using two separate controllers works around 1394 limitations in the Microsoft kernel. Daisy chained Omnis or PCCs will not function properly. For the same reason, using two different ports on a single controller also may not function properly.
- ONLY use the Sensable supplied FireWire and parallel data cables to connect the PCC to your computer.
- Combining a 3DOF and a 6DOF PHANTOM, both using the PCC, is not supported.
- Some PHANTOM devices when connected to the PCC on certain operating systems may “double-click” in PHANTOM_Test on the Cycle Amps tab. This behavior is normal.
- You cannot daisy chain another parallel device from the Desktop's parallel port when using the PCC. In this case, each Desktop would require its own PCC.
- Supported on Windows® 7 or XP; 32-bit and 64-bit
Do not hesitate to let us help you, contact Customer Support if you have any questions.
Support is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST/EDT, excluding U.S. holidays.